Thursday Special Serving: Garlic Butter Chicken
There are many ways to prepare your chicken and the garlic butter chicken recipe is one of them. The tender juicy chicken is bathed in a rich garlic butter sauce with a splash of white dry wine (or broth if the wine is not fitting for you) for an extra flavour. The recipe is a quick fix that will be ready in less than 20mins. You can serve your chicken with rice. For storage purposes you can keep the chicken in an airtight container in the fridge for about five days and in the freezer for up to four months. If you wish to try out the recipe here is how you will go about it.
- 3 table spoons olive oil
- 1 ½ pounds (about 4 average sized breasts) boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to an even thickness
- 1-2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper or to taste
- ½ cup white wine or chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter or more if you want an extra sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely minced or to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (optional for garnishing)
To a large skillet, add the olive oil, pounded chicken, evenly season with poultry seasoning, salt, pepper, and cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Do not touch, move, or disturb the chicken while it is searing. After 5 minutes, flip chicken over. It should have a medium golden colour. For thicker or bigger chicken breasts, sear for 6-7 minutes.
Allow chicken to cook on the second side for about 5 minutes, or until done and cooked through. Again, do not disturb the chicken while it’s searing.
Remove chicken and place it on a plate to rest. Using caution, deglaze your skillet by adding wine (or broth) and allow the liquid to bubble up and steam violently for a few seconds.
Add the butter and allow it to melt, about 1 minute; stir continuously until melted. Add the garlic and cook, stirring continuously until fragrant.
Turn the heat off, add the chicken back into the skillet, flip it around in the garlic butter sauce and spoon the sauce over the chicken.
Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.